As told to me by a cute ESL boy last Thursday:
"I have a joke for you."
"Ok, tell me"
"I want to tell you a joke."
"Please, I'd love to hear it."
"OK. Why six scared seven. Hehehehehe."
"Oh, I love this joke!!! It's my favorite! -Because seven, eight, nine! Hahahahaha."
"You get it? Seven, ate (making food towards mouth gestures), eight - the number, nine. Six, Seven, Nine, Eight. You get it?"
"Yes and that is my favorite joke in the whole world and I'm glad you get it."
"It's so funny."
"Yes, yes it is."
I think I'm going to through a few of these out to him:
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The garden was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his post in the desert.
7) Santa is ready to present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
The sentences came from The Heteronym Page.
Have a nice day.